Inspiration From The Industry
Sometimes when I feel unmotivated or uninspired, I like to find new ways of getting my spark back.One way I do this is indulging in inspiring quotes and I decided to share a few with you guys that caught my eye.
- “While i don’t necessarily think that the all of the people who hover around the outsides of fashion shows are the most stylish or the most sophisticated in their displays, i find their energy and enthusiasm delightful. They’re no worse than the face-painting fans outside a sports arena. They’re the diehards. The loyalists. Every industry needs them. i hope that if any of those folks who are part of the circus decide they want to make a career in the fashion industry, that they will remember what it was like being on the outside, that they will hold designers accountable to their customers and they will help make the industry a more inviting place.”-Robin Givhan well know Fashion Critic via Reddit AMA, found here http://www.styleite.com/media/robin-givhan-reddit-ama/.
- “A woman’s dress should be a like a barbed-wire fence: serving its purpose without obstructing the view.”—Sophia Loren actress and fashion icon
- "I don’t get depressed. When I feel an attack, I withdraw. I disappear, I replenish, and then I come back. Im not going to wallow in self-pity and not live my life. There are always going to be some falls in life for everybody, no matter what career you have. You have to roll with the punches and keep going."-Naomi Campbell, well known fierce model and judge of hit show The Face
- "I think there is beauty in everything. What ‘normal’ people would perceive as ugly, I can usually see something of beauty in it."— Alexander McQueen incredible imaginative designer
- "I’m my own person, and I want people to know me for who I am".-Chanel Iman, model goddess
- "Finding a mentor requires your taking the initiative. Once you master that skill, people will seek you. My approach is, ‘Hey, look at what I am doing already. Here are my challenges. Can you help me?’ My passion is discovering new technologies, integrating them into products and innovating in my industry. As people saw me take risks they began to reach out and help me."-Natalia Allen Designer Futurist of her brand Natalia Allen
- “Over the years I have learned that what is important in a dress is the woman who is wearing it.”—Yves Saint Laurent the glam Designer
I love these quotes because they go beyond style and fashion advice, they carry tips you can apply to everyday life.The wisdom shared by these people go beyond the fashion industry, they touch on ways to be successful and content with yourself, new clothes or not..