Spring Makeup Master Post: Blushes and Lippies
Spring is coming which means hair gets lighter, skin gets darker and...oh wait, those are summer cliche`s, but you guys know what I mean right? Spring is on the way which means if you were interested in making a massive change in your look, why not get inspired by mother nature's transformation.One thing you guys know about me is that I'm a major fan of dark lipsticks, I live for them. I wear black to plum to oxblood red lipsticks ALL YEAR ROUND. I decided I wanted to experiment with some brighter looks and invest in a hot pink lipstick that's suitable for my skin tone.
This post started off as a hot pink lipstick master post I created primarily for myself...(I'm sharing because I love you). Before hitting publish on my post it hit me, why not share more than just the lipstick?Why not compose a few spring oriented looks in the form of a wishlist, so your readers can get the full experience? So here we are, a massively large wishlist of spring approved makeup, lets obsess together, shall we. By the way each item is UNDER $20 dollars, you guys know I try to keep things affordable around here.
- Shany Liquid Blush 8.99
- Pop and Glow Blush in Rose 9.99
- Pop and Glow Blush in Watermelon 9.99
- Chosungah 22 So Tiny Lip and Cheek Face Color Pink Coral 14.00
- Chosungah 22 So Tiny Lip and Cheek Face Color Bright Shocking Pink 14.00
- Chosungah 22 So Tiny Lip and Cheek Face Color Vivid Red 14.00
- NYX Blush Pink & Illuminator 6.99
- NYX Blush Pink 6.49
- NYX Blush Flamingo 5.00
- NYX Blush Etheral 5.00
- Milani Delizioso Pink 7.49
- Jane Blush Berry Bouquet 12.00
- Paul and Joe Beaute Powder Blush Sunrise Sunset 18.00
- Wet n Wild Ombre Blush Mai Tai Buy You a Drink 4.99
These blushes are intense and are an easy way to bring warmth to the face. These warm shades with the right lippie can create a cohesive impact to your look that will be complimentary to the undertones in your skin.
- .Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick 4.99
- Loreal Paris Color Riche in Pink Tremolo 7.59
- Loreal Paris Color Riche in Orange Tempo 7.59
- H&M Lipstain Raspberry Pop 9.70
- H&M Liquid Lipstick in Pep Talk 9.99
- H&M Liquid Lipstick in La Beau Monde 9.99
- H&M Cream Lipstick Dragonfruit 9.99
- H&M Cream Lipstick Tangerine 9.99
- H&M Cream Lipstick Ablaze 9.99
- H&M Matte Lipstick Limelight 9.99
- H&M Matte Lipstick Tangerine Tang 9.99
- Milani Matte Orchid 5.79
- Milani Matte Sweet Nectar 5.79
- Milani Matte Diva 5.79
- Cover Girl Lipstick in Red 6.99
- Cover Girl Lipstick in Purple 6.99
- Maybelline Rose Rush 5.59
- Shea Moisture Lipstick in Poppy 9.99
- Revlon HD Ultra Matte Lipcolor Obsession 7.99
- NYX High Voltage Lipstick in Twisted 5.99
- Models Own from Forever21 Red Hot Lip Gloss 8.00
- Derm Store Fake Bake Lip Gloss Electric Turn On 9.60
I tried to make sure there's a little something for everyone in this post, we have some subdued oranges, then we have some loud oranges, we have some shrieking pinks and some more muted ones, and the list clearly goes on. Whew, I'm almost tired looking through this list but if you're a true makeup die hard like me, I'm sure you're down for the long haul. The lippies below are all under 5.00 dollars and I know from personal experience the LA Color Chunky Lip Pencils are very pigmented and moisturizing, almost more comfortable than the Wet n Wild lip balms, which cost more.
Essence lip products are on my to buy list the second my spending ban ends. I've been so enchanted by these lipsticks it's almost like they came out of no where. I can't remember seeing them in stores but online they're pretty affordable and on target if you buy 25 dollars worth of product, you get free shipping(unclenches grip on debit card), but I won't be partaking in such a deal *sobs*.
- Essence Long Lasting Lipstick in Blush My Lips 2.99
- Essence Long Lasting Lipstick in Coral 2.99
- Essence Liquid Lipstick Show Off! 3.49
So what do you guys think, have I embodied the spring makeup feel. I feel like the second everything starts to warm up, that's when these brighter, tropical inspired shades become more welcome and we suddenly don't mind if our lipsticks have a little sheen, gloss even. I'm down for a moisturized, bright and bronzey appeal for the spring, are you? What makeup changes are you interested in experiencing this spring and summer, let me know in the comment section below! By the way, I do use affiliate links so if you click on a link and get redirected, it's just getting you to your destination while also helping pump money back into this blog, so I can keep the content coming and poppin.
*Not sponsored, just using affiliate links and all reviews are my honest opinion*.